If you are coming to an event at the Island Resort and Casino in Bark River / Harris, MI here is a list of 5 things to do that you won't want to miss:
1. Northern Sun Winery Tasting and Tours - Enjoy authentic U.P. wine made from grapes grown on the Anthony Vineyard just 5 minutes from the Island Resort and Casino. This is the only vineyard in Michigan's Upper Peninsula that grows its own grape varietals. Great variety of delicious wines to please experienced wine tasters to adventurous sippers.
2. Sand Island - Grab a SUP stand up paddle board or a kayak at Ludington Park in Escanaba, MI. Sand Island is a wonderful walking destination as well, with boardwalks and sandy pathways. At the end of the island is a fabulous view of the Escanaba Harbor lighthouse.
3. Hike or Bike Little Bay de Noc Trail - This is trail that follows US-2 and 41 between Gladstone and Escanaba, part of the newly christened Iron Belle Trail. A couple miles long, this has gorgeous views of Little Bay de Noc and all the fishing and recreation taking place on the bay.
4. Ten Mile Creek & Forge - Visit this curiosity shop and active forge with a real blacksmith on-site. Watch as he hammers out his creations and shop the many unique, eclectic gift and decor selections at this one-of-a kind store.
5. Bark River International Raceway - Off road races like you've never seen before -- U.P. style! You will want to experience all the noise, dust and beer at this one-weekend per year blow-out event. Home of the Off Road Rumble.